This beauty is our first model of July and we're so excited to share more tips on how you can get creative with your closet. With summer being here and the heat rising (in our cities at least) the colors you wear are essential to your comfort. Here with Hannah we're going to cover keeping things simple with white and discuss how even accessories, rather than your clothing, can be the highlight of your look. Let's get started...
We only have a few things to cover from top to bottom. Starting with her earrings, we have a question: what's the first thing you notice about them or her look entirely? The size right? Well if that was your answer, you're right. Naturally, our eyes can be drawn to the obscure and in this case our direction is on her ears. Statement earrings are usually something a shopper admires yet never has the courage to purchase and their fear lies in "how do I style these?" Today, we want to inspire you to be daring with our tips below:
1. Be minimalistic. These earrings are called “statement” for a reason—you want them to be your main attraction. Stay away from pairing statement earrings with other accessories. Don't over-accessorize.
2. Mix it up. While some may prefer a match look between their earrings and outfit, you can also turn heads by mixing up colors and patters. With Hannah for example, we kept things simple with a white dress but maintained a colorful look by adding her urban leather ear candy.
3. Day and night. Statement earrings can be worn at anytime. It's all about styling and getting creative. Wear them with a little black dress on a "night out" or rock them with a blazer during the day or a tee on the weekends.
4. Experiment. These accessories also go hand-in-hand with your hairstyle. If you take a look at Hannah we pulled back her hair just enough to accentuate her beautiful fro yet simultaneously drawing attention to her earrings. In our opinion, an updo would be the go-to however, we want you to focus on what fits you. Statement earrings can look just as interesting in other styles.
Next we have her white dress! There's something about the color white --- so crisp, so clean, so chic, and oh so classy. However, we're realistic and we understand that usually the biggest concern with wearing white is getting it dirty. Our advice, be aware when you rock white. Where are you going? Where will you be sitting? Ask questions before making moves just to ensure you're going to come back home the same way you left. With that said, how do you rock white effectively? Check out our tips below:
1. White is always in style during any season. However, these garments tend to turn yellow; in this case, bleach is your best friend. Check out this tutorial to see how you can store your white clothing for longer wear and life. Tide To Go Instant Stain Remover Pen (drugstore purchase) is always a great plus to have in your bag for emergencies.
2. Check your closet first, but when shopping, place your hand under the fabric to check its transparency. Sheer is safe for styling but it's just important to be aware before you purchase. Whether you decide to rock a bralette under or layer up it's just good to know beforehand.
3. Experiment with different textures to avoid looking washed out. Winter outfits could consist of white jeans with chunky knits or oversized jackets. While, summer outfits can be made up of slouchy tees and pencil skirts. One thing: if you decide to go all white, try to style with a different color shoe. Metallics and pastels are always great options!
4. Last thing, when wearing white try to wear undergarments that match your skin tone!
See our inspo gallery below and remember you can add depth and dimension with layers!
Lastly, we have her sandals. Hannah had a great pair of strappy footwear in her closet to pair with this dress. Even though the tie-knot sleeves and length was enough to turn heads, we still needed some color. Like we mentioned above, when wearing white, try to stick with a different colored shoe and in this case, her pair added color and matched her earrings. Read more about sandals here with Michaela but to get your creative juices flowing see inspos for how Andie and I would pair white.
Challenge: Hannah is just like you and this week we challenge you to make a statement. Grab your accessories and get creative with color, pattern, texture, and more. Try to stick with a minimalistic look and focus on being bold with earrings, necklaces, or bracelets. Be inspired and don’t forget to share your creativity with us by using the hashtag #andieandaj on Instagram or Facebook!
Till next week,
Andie & AJ
Find the look: